To be successful with B2B marketing and Internet lead generation, you first need to drive targeted traffic to your website. Then you need to engage and convert them into leads and customers using Facebook and Google remarketing. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1: Drive highly targeted visitors to your website to engage them, to create trust, to create brand recognition, and to build your online audience for Google and Facebook remarketing. Remarketing is done by adding both a Google and a Facebook tracking pixel to your website. Then, every person who visits your website is automatically added to your Google and Facebook remarketing audiences that you can advertise to over and over. You then use Google and Facebook remarketing advertising to keep placing your ads in front of your audience to promote your new blog posts, to convert them into subscribers to your opt-in email list, and to get them to contact you through your online “contact us” lead generation form(s). Building a large highly targeted audience for remarketing is the key to creating a successful online lead generation program.
Tactics you can use to drive highly targeted traffic to your website are as follows:
- Post 2 new blog posts to your blog every week. This will help you get free traffic from the search engines. It will also help make your website and blog the Wikipedia for your industry, which is a very good thing for generating leads and new customers. To get more free traffic from the search engines, make sure to add important search terms people search for in your blog titles, and your HTML title tag and description meta-tag.
- With Facebook advertising promote your blog posts on Facebook using your Website Custom Audience (your Facebook remarketing list), your Facebook Fans list, your Facebook custom audience created by uploading your in-house email list of opt-in subscribers, and your 1% Facebook Lookalike audiences. Do not try to generate immediate leads and sales with Facebook advertising. Facebook advertising is a tool to drive highly targeted traffic to your website to begin your relationship and get those people on your remarketing audience lists. It is with remarketing that over time you convert your website visitors into leads and customers. Think of it this way: just like with dating, you do not propose to the other person 1-minute into your first date. With Facebook advertising you should not be trying to immediately sell a person who just arrived at your website for the first time. They do not know who you are, they do not know your company, they do not trust you, and they will almost never contact you as a lead or buy from you the first time they visit your website. Just like with going on dates and marriage, you need to first go on many dates over time before you propose and get married. You first have to build a relationship and trust. It’s the same thing with online marketing. A person may need to go to your website 5..10..20..50 times before they finally decide to contact you as a lead. If you try to hard sell them immediately the first time they visit your website you will turn them off and they may not ever return to your website. The success secret is to make your website and blog a magnet to your target market by every week providing new and valuable FREE information and resources for them. This is how you build trust and show you are an expert. That is why you want to write and post at least 2 new blog posts every week. Your goal should be to become the Wikipedia of your industry.
- Google AdWords advertising using both pay-per-click advertising and display advertising. Understand that you should not be focused on generating immediate leads with Google Advertising. Just as with Facebook, it is a tool to drive highly targeted traffic to your website to begin your relationship and get those people on your remarketing audience list. It is with remarketing that you over time convert your website visitors into leads and customers. However, I will say that with very targeted Google Pay Per Click Search advertising you can generate leads on the first visit to your landing page. People who go to Google and conduct a search to find a solution to a problem they are having are far more motivated to take action now than someone who sees your ad on Facebook. So, for lead generation Google Pay Per Click Search advertising can be an outstanding tool. The problem is that it can be very expensive on a per click basis, and unless you have a high traffic to lead conversion rate, and a high lead to sale conversion rate, it can be difficult to be profitable with Google AdWords. The good news is that remarketing helps a lot.
- Post all of your blog posts on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ the personal Facebook pages of you and all of your employees, and other popular content sharing sites like Reddit, Digg, etc. Probably the majority of your employees have at least one social media account and they should help your company by adding your blog posts to their social media accounts. This helps spread the word and drive traffic to your website for free.
- Paid promotion of your blog posts on LinkedIn. This can get a bit expensive as their minimum click charge is $2 per click and you can get far more clicks from your Facebook and Google advertising at a much lower cost per click.
- Promote your blog posts to your email list.
- Create helpful videos and post them to your Youtube channel. Even better, pay to promote them.
- Find other businesses that have opt-in email lists of people in your target market and contact the website owner to see if you can pay to place an ad in their next email post to their subscribers. However, avoid buying email lists from an email list broker because when you advertise directly to a list of people who did NOT opt-in to receive your email advertising, you are spamming them and you will irritate them. Some of them may even report you to email spammer list websites where your company will be listed forever as a spammer. Not cool and bad for business.
- Use paid blog promotion services (called Content Syndication Networks) to have your blog posts promoted on targeted websites that your target market visits. A few content syndication networks to consider are Outbrain.com, Zemanta.com, Simplereach.com, Multivu.com, and Taboola.com.
Step 2: Use Google and Facebook remarketing ads and your email list to re-engage and convert your past website visitors into leads and customers. You do this by promoting your new blog posts to your remarketing lists and to your email list to get your past website visitors to come back to your website and read your new content. This is how you build trust and brand recognition. You also create remarketing ads to attract past website visitors to go to your landing pages to subscribe to your email list (by promoting your free book, white paper, etc.), and to send them to your landing page(s) to contact you as a lead using your contact for or by calling you.
Need somebody to do all this work for you? Outsource it to us!
If you want to build a powerful online lead generation program but you do not that the time or resources to do it yourself, The Geisheker Group can do it for you. We are a marketing firm that specializes in creating strategic B2B marketing programs to help our clients sell their products and services to other businesses. For more information and a free consultation, call us at (920) 318-0654 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To your business success!